- General Provisions
- The college student council is a permanent representative collegial body of student self-government of the college, the activity of which is aimed at ensuring the implementation of the rights of students to participate in the management of the educational process, solving important issues of student life, developing its social activity, supporting and implementing social initiatives.
- The college student council is not a legal entity, does not have an independent balance, its own accounts, cannot acquire property and non-property rights and obligations on its own behalf.
- In its activities, the college student council is guided by the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the college is internal rules, these Regulations and other local college regulations.
- college student council acts on the basis of the principles of voluntariness, transparency and equal rights of participants.
- Goals and objectives of the college student council
2.1The main objectives of the college student council are:
- ensuring the realization of the rights to students to participate in college management, assessing the quality of the educational process;
- development and support of socially significant college student initiatives;
- preservation and development of the of student traditions, the formation of civic culture, an active civic position of students, the promotion of their social maturity, independence, ability to organize themselves and self-development;
- development of general cultural competencies among students.
2.2. To achieve these goals, the college student council performs the following functions:
- develops proposals for the main areas of educational and extracurricular activities of the college and the mechanisms for their implementation, taking into account of the student problems by analyzing their current needs in educational, scientific, cultural, social, organizational and household spheres;
- represents the students opinion in the adoption colleges of local regulations affecting their rights and legitimate interests;
- assists in resolving issues and analyzing problems affecting the interests of students, finding ways and methods of solving them;
- assists college leadership in resolving issues affecting the interests of students in organizing the educational process;
- participates in the formation of civic culture, an active civic position of college students;
- contributes to the preservation and development of the values and traditions of mutual respect between college students;
- assists in the development and implementation of personal and professional qualities of college students;
- organizes the participation of students in the scientific and innovative activities of the college;
- organizes recreation and leisure for students, holding cultural events;
- participates in the development of a system for rewarding college students for achievements in various fields of educational and extracurricular activities, including for their active participation in the activities of the Student Council of the college, the college’s scientific and social life;
- participates in disciplinary commissions.
- Powers of the college student council
- The college student council has the right:
- make suggestions on improving local regulations affecting the interests of students;
- send representatives to participate in the consideration of issues related to violations by students of academic discipline and the internal rules of college students;
- participate in the development of a system of encouraging students for achievements in various fields of educational and extracurricular activities, including those actively participating in the activities of the college student council , scientific and social life of the college;
- request and receive from the relevant college officials in the prescribed manner the information necessary for the activities of the student council;
- take part in planning, preparation and conduct of extracurricular activities of the college;
- Student Council College is required to:
- timely consider all applications and appeals of students entering the student council;
- carry out work in accordance with this Regulation and the work plan of the student council college for the academic year;
- support socially significant student initiatives;
- represent the interests of students in front of the relevant officials and structural units of the college in the prescribed manner;
- inform authorized officers and structural units of the college about their activities and its results.
- The procedure for the formation of the student council of the college and student council bodies
- The student council college is created at general meetings of students, the college with the presence of at least half of the students of the relevant structural unit (further – the unit), by voting for students of this unit – candidates for members of the student council of the college. The quantitative composition of the student council is determined on the basis of an equal number of representatives from each unit.
- Student Council elections are direct and open. All students of the corresponding division are eligible to participate in the elections.
- A student who has a disciplinary sanction or is on academic leave does not have the right to be elected to the college student council.
- Elections are held every year, during the first semester of the school year until December 1 or during the second semester of the school year until March 1. At the initiative of students in the relevant structural unit
- The date of early elections is determined by the head of the relevant unit.
- Early elections are also held in the event of early termination of powers of a student council member.
- The chairman of the student council, the deputy chairman of the student council, the executive secretary of the student council are elected at the first meeting after the formation of the student council by a simple majority vote of the members present (at least 2/3 of the total number) of the student council for a term of two years, but not more than two terms for all the time of training. The date of the first meeting after the formation of the student council is determined by the supervising student bodies. The student council chairman may be re-elected ahead of schedule.
- The student council has the right to hold early elections for its leadership. The decision on early elections is made by a majority of the total number of members of the student council.
- Representatives of the college management are entitled to attend meetings of the college student council.
- Student Council Chair:
- presides over student council meetings, infroduces makes a draft agenda for student council meetings;
- monitors the implementation of student council decisions;
- organizes the implementation of decisions on behalf of the student council;
- approves student council meeting minutes;
- informs the student council at least once a month about their activities;
- annually informs students about the activities of the student council;
- performs other functions within the limits of the authority granted to him.
4.11 In the absence of the student council chairman, his functions are performed by the student council deputy chairman
- Rights, obligations and early termination of powers of a member of the student council of the college
5.1. A member of the student council of the college has the right:
- take part in general meetings and attend meetings of the Presidium with an advisory vote;
- Elect and be elected to the Presidium of the Student Council of the College;
- make suggestions to the activities of any bodies of the student council of the college;
- receive information on the activities of the student council of the college and the presidium;
- take part in college student council events.
5.2. A student council member is required to:
- comply with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the charter, the internal regulations of college students, the current situation, other local college regulations;
- participate in student council activities;
- implement decisions made at student council meetings;
- help increase the credibility of the student council;
- take part in student council general meetings.
5.3. A member of the college student council who has received a disciplinary sanction is suspended from work until the end of the disciplinary sanction.
5.4. The powers of a member of the student council may be terminated ahead of schedule at his own request, as well as in cases of his recall or exclusion from the members of the student council.
5.5. A member may be expelled from the student council at the initiative of the student council of the college. The initiative to expel a member is put forward by the chairman or group of members of at least three people at a meeting of the student council and is approved by a majority vote of all members of the student council of the college.
5.6. The grounds for initiating the expulsion of a student council member are:
- a systematic absence from student council meetings for two months;
- a systematic refusal to implement activities undertaken by the student council.
- Interaction of the student council of the college with the structural units of the college
6.1. The college student council interacts with college officials and departments on the principles of equality, mutual understanding, cooperation, and responsibility.
6.2. The proposals and recommendations of the student council are considered in the prescribed manner by the leadership of the college.
6.3. Representatives of college departments may attend student council meetings.
- Other Provisions
7.1. The college bears the costs necessary to support the college student council.